Nancy Lee Conrad, BFA, graduated from the Maryland Institute of Art in 1959 after four years of classical instruction in drawing and painting from the late Jacques Maroger, former Technical Director of the Louvre.
As an instructor she has taught part-time at the Maryland Institute of Art, for various community organizations in New Orleans and Baltimore. Throughout her career she has also provided private art classes in her studio.
Her paintings have been commissioned by corporations such as Lenox, Pimpernel, & Scafa-Tournabene. Her paintings hang in private collections throughout the United States and in Europe.
In 1984, she and artist Melvin Miller established the Conrad-Miller Studios & Gallery in Fells Point, Baltimore, where they maintained their studios, exhibited their work, and operated an art school. In 2003, after dissolving the partnership, she moved her school to the Broom Factory in Canton and finally to the Raspeburg community in northeast Baltimore.
Nancy Lee Conrad is acclaimed by many as one of Maryland’s foremost floral painters. Her work, however, includes still life, marine subjects, cityscapes & landscapes, and portraits of people and animals. She works mostly in oils.